Thursday, May 15, 2008

Capstone thoughts

I will be heading to New Orleans next week to get officially started on my Capstone. During this time I hope to meet with people from the archives I've been in contact with, meet with the graphic designer to help design the look of the web pages, figure out the web hosting for snobliz.com, and pick out items for the prototype online exhibit.

For the online exhibit, I talked with Fac. Advisor the other day about a scope for the prototype and this is what we agreed on (all numbers are approximate:
  • A variety of 50 images including (but not limited to)
    • A few celebrity photos
    • One or two transparencies of cup designs
    • A few photos from Post-hurricanes
    • Some from of the store itself
    • Regular customers in the shop
  • One or two oversized laminated collages
  • 10 old newspaper articles
  • A small sample of audio and visual material (amount depends on length)
  • A few QuickTime VR shots (one of interior of store, maybe one of flavor bottle)
I'm really excited about this project. I need to figure out how to acquire a set of color bars for scanning purposes and a tripod attachment for QTVR shots.

No comments: